Friday, July 6, 2007

First post.

I work at an auto parts store in West Tennessee. I consider my job to be on the front line in the continuous battle against the ignorance that rural America seems to thrive upon. It's not exactly a proactive kind of thing. I'm just trying to hold my precarious grip on sanity in an effort to not kill my neighbors. The house next door to me is a rental house. It has been host to more inbreds than I care to think about. Honest to God inbreds. One of them simply could not grasp the concept of numbers. I've sold the man parts before. If you tell the poor guy his part costs $5.99, he's as likely to lay down a twenty as he is to lay down fifty cents. When they lived there, the two weeks before and after the 4th of July they would shoot off fireworks all day and most of the night.

My main hobby is video games, which I primarily play on my Xbox 360. It's got 95% of the video game worth playing on it. I also own a PS2, a DS and several older systems. I don't see any point in paying $600 for a PS3. It only has one game on it currently, that I would consider playing. I genuinely feel sorry for the portion of the gaming community that purchased a PS3 in the last 9 or so months since its release. I believe it's a technically outstanding system. It's the lack of software and support, not to mention competitive price that hurts it so badly. It seems like every time you surf the internet lately Sony has stuck it's foot neck-deep in its mouth. I know things will probably start to turn around gradually in a few months, but I think the damage is done. Sony loyalists will stick by their gargantuan baby till the world ends, but in the end that won't be enough. Sony just needs to get their heads out of their asses and make it a gaming system, not just a blu-ray platform that plays a couple games. We need the competition for Xbox and Wii. It's how we get good video games. Several times in the past a game company has attained dominance in the video games industry and every time it has almost resulted in the complete collapse of that industry.

3 comments:

Brian in Real Life, Mojo on the Xbox said...

Nice post TJ. Blogwhore.

I'd be tempted to buy a ps3 also if they had decent games. The offroading game (Motorstorm I believe its called?) looks pretty awesome. Lately I'm more tempted to buy a Wii. That looks fun.

Tiring. But fun.

D said...

Yeah, that PS3 would be a great thing to have if you wouldn't be called a traitor..... right Wisky? Too bad he didn't read your blog before he bought one... And remember, neighbors don't let there inbreed neighbors have kids.

Not a bad effort for a blog noob, TJ ;)

thojgroo said...

Thanks for checking out my blog, guys. The game I was referring to was Resistance. I've played it at a friend's house. It was like Call of Duty with aliens. I didn't try the multiplayer.